Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Zoo and Park adventure

A couple of weeks ago I had the fun time of watching my nieces and nephews from Boise while their mother participated in a bike ride called, "the Little Red Riding Hood" just for women. Abi, Emma, and Logan spent the night with us and we had a party. I took them to the zoo and here they are feeding the ducks. I gave them money before we left the house and told them if they lost the money they wouldn't be able to feed the ducks. As we got over there, they didn't know what they were supposed to do with the money, so while I was waiting in line for the food, I had to stop the kids from throwing the dimes out to the ducks. They thought the ducks were going to actually eat the money instead of buying food. It was really funny. I guess I should have made myself more clear. :)
We walked through the zoo and almost at every gate, all the kids lined up like this to look and watch the animals moving around. We showed up at the right time. all of the animals were out and about.

Along with the zoo always comes the long awaited park! After we fed the ducks (which took a total of about 15 minutes max) we went to the park for a couple of hours, so they could burn some energy off.here is a "big turtle" that was crawling around. He was really close to the fence and the kids wanted to touch him, but I didn't want them to get their fingers bit cuz he was a little on the hungry side.

Here is the cookies we all made when they spent the night. I topped them with whip cream. It was a fun little treat. We also made popcorn and pancakes and mac n cheese with squeeze-its. It was really fun!




1 comment:

  1. Yeah you finally updated your blog. Hey we might not be moving so please bring the boys over to play sometime. Hunter keeps asking about mutin bustin do you know when it is again?

    ReplyDelete